Each package contains 10 dip slides. These should be stored in darkness at room temperature. The shelf life is printed on every package.
Practical tool for determining the presence of harmful microorganisms common to manufacturing environments.
1. Lift the lid and take out the slide attached to the lid. Do not touch the agar surfaces.
2. Taking samples:
Dip the slide into the test medium for 5-10 seconds, then take it out and allow excess liquid to drip off thoroughly. Tap the bottom edge of the slide on clean filter paper or tissue.
Using a sterile swab, apply a streak on the agar surface. A separate streak is required for each agar surface. For easily accessible surfaces, press each agar on the surface for 5-10 seconds.
3. Plug the slide back into the tube.
4. Label the tube with medium tested, date, and test location (self-adhesive labels are provided in the package).
5. Incubation time for tubes standing upright:
In the incubator (27-30°C)
Bacteria: 1-2 days
Yeast and fungi: 3 days
At room temperature (20°C)
Bacteria: 2-3 days
Yeast and fungi: 4-5 days
6. Evaluate the dip slides by comparing them with the diagrams.